Thursday, July 8, 2010

Painting, painting, painting….

Oil on canvas
1060 x 1210mm
2010

I’ve been jumping and skipping, clapping and spinning!!! I’m just so happy with the painting that came to life in my studio this week. I am delighting in this creative, productive period and I love having the ability to share my work with you when it is fresh off the easel! I think this is one of the best paintings I have ever done – perhaps the best ever.

This painting is the star of the “Adrift” series (so far), I can’t wait to get on with the next one I have planned.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped me in the quest for a title for my last painting, after an overwhelming consensus I have named last weeks painting “Afloat”.

This new one still needs a title and Abound, Awash, Approach, Abroad and Around are currently on the table. Feel free to cast your vote for one of these or throw another option on the table. Edited to add this one is now titled "Abound".

I’m itching to go check out the abundance of creative goodness at Kirsty’s today. I hope to visit lots of you this afternoon.

Psst did you catch the interview I did with Ms Curly Pops earlier this week??

13 comments:

  1. WOW Kylie you are on a role!!! You paintings are really looking fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the energy of this painting !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The flow, the swell, the blissfully calm energy....just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favourite painting of all so far Kylie, beautiful!!

    Linda. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i absolutely LOVE those colors. its very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Kylie. "Abound" I think. It's feeling hopeful to me, reaching towards something hopeful, so "Abound" appeals to me as the title. (I hope that makes sense!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can feel your excitement, and can see why. Such a great creative streak you are having. I vote for awash to go with the watery theme of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like float ... I can feel the air around the leaf and how smoothly it's floating.
    My Creative Space

    ReplyDelete
  9. it really did come to life. i can see why you are so happy with it. for my two cents worth i say awash

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Kylie!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really enjoying seeing this series unfold,love these gentle soothing paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! i think i'm leaning towards "abound"-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and for leaving me a comment. It brightens my day!