Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Perfect timing….

 The postman delivered a perfectly timed, swap bundle of joy yesterday. I was in the midst of feeling sorry for myself, as I was wasting a painting day lying around nursing a bad back, when Anne’s parcel arrived.
It was full to the brim with goodies, not only the two cushion covers we had agreed to swap, for some little watercolours, but also….
A stunning brooch – purple of course!
An adorable little fabric box, oh how I love little boxes for stashing treasures in… again in purple!
And a scarf for Little Guy…he loves it!
Look at the delicate hand stitching in the cushions and did you notice the purple in the first photos?

I didn’t specify purple when we discussed how much I loved this design of cushion cover. But something (I don’t know what gave it away!) told Anne that purple would be a good choice…. Did you see how perfectly they match my patchwork quilt? It’s like she popped over from the UK to match it up!

Thankyou so much Anne for agreeing to this wonderful swap, it was such a delight to receive and I will treasure these gifts from across the globe.

4 comments:

  1. The cushions look fabulous on your bed - I'm glad they didn't get crushed on their way to you! I'm so glad our parcels arrived safely and our swap was a success!! Love, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautfiful and inspiring package to receive in the post! It makes me want to get my needles back out!

    I hope your back feels better too :)

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you on such a fun package! I'm sorry to hear about your back :( There is nothing quite like back pain. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how lovely, and thanks for sharing the love... xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and for leaving me a comment. It brightens my day!