Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Help! I need your opinion….

Pen outlines or pencil?

"Rosehips"
watercolour, pen and pencil on watercolour paper
A5
2010
$30

Obviously I will finish "Rosehips" off in pen.
 
"Perched"
watercolour and pen on watercolour paper
A5
2010
$30
   
But in the future, for my new Etsy range, do you think I should stick to one or the other or offer both styles?
 
"Languid"
watercolour and pencil on watercolour paper
A5
2010
$30


I am hoping to present a “unified” or “brandable” style for an Etsy experiment.


9 comments:

  1. I love Languid and think that if you can, offer both that way you'll cater for both preferences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both - really helpful hey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the softer look of Languid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I like pencil better, it goes well with the delicate feel of the drawings. But maybe you can offer pen as an alternative option for custom orders...
    Lovely work, Lanquid is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the pencil too - it's softer which suits the transparency of the watercolour in-fill. Looooove all your designs, particularly Lanquid.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah. Lanquid is my favorite too. Personally, I like to have options..so offering buyers to have both preferences are bonus! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I personally like the pen outlined... but that's probably because I use a lot of dark outlining in my own work.... they look very graphic designy and schmick.... and the others are softer... both are great,

    so I agree... two different markets... which do YOU prefer is the question :0)

    xx Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a tricky question... I'm going pencil for flowers and pen for bird. Can't explain why - but I have been thinking about it all day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are nice. Perhaps offer both. Or, just do what feels right. For example "rosehips"...it's awesome with one in pen and one in pencil. I like it that way.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and for leaving me a comment. It brightens my day!