Thursday, July 22, 2010

It’s oh so quiet….

It’s been quiet in My Creative Space and around here at Chasing Purple Dreams. I have been busy preparing an expression of interest for an exhibition. A local gallery has received a grant to fund the gallery rental costs for 5 local emerging artists and I hope to be one of them.

"Abound"
Oil on canvas
1060 x 1210mm
2010

I have had to write up a CV and Artist Statement, something I should have done many years ago. I know it sounds easy, the artist statement is only 150 words, but it has been torturous. Words don’t come easily to me and talking about myself just makes it worse.

"Andy's Chair"
acrylic on canvas
1010 x 1010mm
2007

With the help of two of my smart, word loving friends I think I have it done. I shall present my submission tomorrow. So please wish me luck!

"Adrift"
oil on canvas
600 x 900mm
2010
These three images will accompany the submission, choosing only three was so hard, especially as my work is so varied.

Hopefully when it is all delivered I will be back on board with my blogging and blog surfing.  I’m also itching to get back to that nice fresh canvas that is awaiting me in the studio.

ps I will do a canvas stretching tutorial for all of you who were interested, it’s high on my priority list for next week….

I can’t wait to pop over and check out the varied and abundant creativity that will be converging on Kirsty’s today.

32 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so exciting Kylie, good luck!! I am so glad you named that painting "Abound", just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep I know words are hard for us visual people aren't they! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck!
    Your work is GORGEOUS! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooowww love the color palates … and Andy’s chair is fabulous! Thanks for dropping by my creative space earlier, it’s so lovely to meet another artist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH all of my 'successful' thoughts are flowing your way really hope you get in! I would love to know how to stretch a canvas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh...good luck Kylie! My fingers and toes are firmly crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Kylie! I hope that you get accepted for the exhibition!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your paintings are fabulous, good luck for your submission I am sure you will do well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the words! I have my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your application. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the best with your submission, Kylie! So many things happening and so excited for you! XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. all the best, this is something that doesnt come easily to me either so i can understand, im excited for you to take this step xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you the very best of luck, I hope you get in!! I Can't wait to read your canvas stretching tutorial btw :)
    Cheers,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really do love your work, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Best of luck to you! Your work is sublime...the colours are so serene! Love the chair painting too...bravo!! Hope you're having a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you started your bio with the words 'fabulous', 'passionate' and 'talented'. Ok, not particularly modest... but maybe something along those lines. Good luck! xxx Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck with your EOI! Hope it's really successful for you! Your work is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck! Your work is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. the very best of luck. i think your exhibit choices are great

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish you good luck and keep my fingers crossed for you, so everything will work out fine. I am sure your submission will be appreciated and I love the works you selected for the submission.
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh it's a bit much to have to be as good with words as you are with your brushes. It's so hard talking about yourself and making it sound like yourself. Does that make sense?
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fingers firmly crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck! It will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. that sounds so exciting! fingers and toes crossed for you
    ps. love the chair painting

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow sounds exciting, good-luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good luck with the exhibition. ps - I really like Andy's Chair - quite enigmatic!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Exciting times. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like your style!
    Or different styles I should say.
    I could take all of them...
    Good luck with the exhibition!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and for leaving me a comment. It brightens my day!