Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Red Dress

A girl’s night out was fast approaching and of course the cupboard was bare. The thought of hitting the shops searching for a winter dress filled me with dread…..
Then I remembered a couple of meters of red corduroy that I had picked up from the op shop for $2. The plan had been to make the little guy some pants from it, but then when I realised how much fabric was there, I decided I could make a dress.  That was months ago and I hadn’t been brave enough to start. With a time limit hanging over my head I just set to it.
Taa-Daa! One slightly modified pillow case dress, perfect for over a long sleeve shirt with boots and leggings! I’m proud as punch. The girls night was a hit and I don’t even have a hangover – success all round.

11 comments:

  1. Love it! Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fab! That colour really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you. That dress looks really sweet. I wish I could sew. It would be such a handy skill to have...

    Oh and double well done for not waking up with a hangover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a time when a good hangover was the sign of a good night out.. So much more grown up now. You did a lovely job with your dress.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous dress, at an even more fab price of $2! Put a designer label on and you could sell it for $200!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so clever. That is a lovely dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red dress is awesome you talented woman you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness - well done! Love it! I wish I could sew too.... I have a great sewing machine that my mum gave me as a present (hint, hint), just need to learn how to use it. Amazing when you can make something that good for only $2!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! It's hot and looks like it's comfortable :) Hope you had a wonderful night out and showed off your amazing skills to no end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it, great job! the colour is fab, gotta love opp. shop fabric finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and for leaving me a comment. It brightens my day!