Monday, March 15, 2010

It’s Monday, time to share another of my paintings……

This weeks painting is very different to the soft beach scene I shared last week.   Which do you prefer?


“Spotlight”
Acrylic and resin on canvas
90 x 90 cm
2007

It’s a decorative abstract piece in a colour range I hadn’t worked in before. It is no longer mine; it sold almost as soon as it was completed. After this piece was so successful I created a range in these colours, it was a soothing contrast to the strong bold colours I was immersed in at the time.

Do you push yourself out of your comfort zone, in colouring, texture, size or style often? Have you found success when trying something completely different? If not give it a go, it’s fun to explore new styles and as often as not you will hit on a winner.

1 comment:

  1. i like this Kylie!!
    great tones and I get a feeling of the textures.
    very nice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and for leaving me a comment. It brightens my day!