Thursday, August 5, 2010

Anticipation and Admiration Fill My Creative Space this Week.

I can’t stop admiring Monday’s painting “Approach” the latest in my “Adrift” series.

“Approach”
Kylie Marie Stevens
Oil on canvas
840 x 760mm
2010

I’ve never worked in a series like this before, I am really enjoying it. It is giving me the opportunity to sink right into the style and become comfortable. Do you work in series, or is it all one offs for you? Are you enjoying this “Adrift” series or are you thinking “enough already- move on”?  Do you have a favourite?

I am anticipating painting a monochromatic piece in yellow for the first week of The Creative Colour Challenge . YELLOW, this is really pushing me out of my comfort zone – exactly why I signed up!!

So challenges and comfort surround me at the moment, but I am enjoying it all, I hope you are feeling the same way in your creative space. I’m off to Kirsty’s now for my favourite blog hopping day of the week – My Creative Space Day - hooray!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always Kylie! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create in yellow!! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have quite a few series in missy minzy's world too. it's showcasing tht u hv a few chapter to 'talk' abt n theres nothing wrong wth it. :)
    love yellow. it's a lot brighter than the colours u been playing for sure. have fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and quite dreamy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blues! You do amazing work and I look forward to seeing what you create with yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh your painting is just gorgeous!!! the colours and the textures and everything! wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! And looking forward to seeing the outcome of your yellow challenge.
    It's so rewarding to push yourself out of your comfort zone isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just lovely ~ i love watching this series come together, and i love the title of your post too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh - this is lovely! I like the idea of a series and seeing how the paintings develop. Good luck with the yellow - I very rarely use yellow in quilts - it's a very difficult colour to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could stare at this painting all day long - it's dreamy!!! ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful series, i think the second one is my favourite so far

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous and it really does live up to it's name!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely gentle work and I enjoy also seeing changes and risks in art work too. I hope you continue these and also push into new areas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm really drawn to the sun ... i don't know if it's the lack of sun or just it's warmth. it's wonderful.
    My Creative Space

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your painting is truly divine! :) Have you looked at the series from the viewpoint that you might just be flowing in the desired frequency of the experience and that your paintings are the window to your soul in which you vibrate. :) Hope you enjoy your sunflower yellow painting. :) Much love - Ana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and for leaving me a comment. It brightens my day!