Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My sketchbook is in the mail….

My little book is now on a big trip to America to join 28 000 other sketch books on a national tour and then to take up residency at the Brooklyn Art Library.   

The good folk at The Sketchbook Project granted all participants an extension and boy did I need it!

My theme for the project was “Sleepless” and after a couple of false starts (and completely destroying, rebinding and recovering my sketchbook!) I decided to build my sketchbook around a music festival we attended in December.  The festivals name was “No Sleep Til” and we anticipated a sleepless weekend!  

I must give a big shout out and thankyou to photographer Elleni Toumpas who was gracious enough to let me use some of the shots from her blog as reference, as I didn’t get as much sketching done at the festival as I anticipated…

So here it is without further ado, your very own sneak peek at my sketch book…



 









What an adventure this little sketch book is off on… I wonder who will flip through it and what they will think...

3 comments:

  1. Love your theme - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cool your sketchbook looks awesome!!! happy journey little sketchbook xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! Congrats on getting it done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and for leaving me a comment. It brightens my day!